Primary care focuses on preventative care, diagnosis and management of acute illness and chronic medical conditions. At GhentMD we take pride in being able to provide comprehensive, general internal medicine adult care services for patients 18 years and older. We deliver patient centered care, and we are committed to ensuring high standards of practice by providing clinically competent and optimal quality care.
The experienced and caring team at GhentMD provides management for the underlisted conditions and more:
ACUTE & CHRONIC CONDITIONS
- Acute and chronic pain
- Anemia and blood disorders
- Arthritis and other joint conditions
- Bladder control problems/urinary incontinence
- Bronchitis, emphysema, COPD
- Diabetes mellitus
- Emotional and mental health
- Gastrointestinal/digestive conditions
- Hair loss
- Heart conditions
- Liver conditions
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Memory disorders
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Obesity and overweight
- Osteoporosis (bone loss)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Respiratory conditions and infections including cough, flu, pneumonia
- Sexual dysfunction, sexually transmitted infections
- Skin conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Stress management
- Thyroid disease
- Urinary tract infections
- In office lab services provided by BioReference, Sonora Quest, amongst others
- Influenza test
- Rapid Strep. test
- Pregnancy test
HEALTH PROMOTION & DISEASE PREVENTION
- Complete physical exam
- Nutrition counseling
- Screening for diseases
- Smoking cessation
- Wellness check visit
- Weight management
- Joint injections and joint fluid drainage
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Trigger point injections
- Management of minor wounds
- Removal of sutures and staples
- Ear wax removal
- IV fluids administration
- Injection of vitamins and other medications
In house laboratory services
Same day appointments
We serve the Greater Phoenix Area
For more information about our services, or to schedule an appointment, please contact our office today 480-935-8855 or book online atwww.ghentmd.com.
IN A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION, PLEASE CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
GhentMD will submit claims to insurance carriers with which we participate. We cannot guarantee that all services we recommend or provide are covered by your insurance so we encourage you to contact your insurance carrier to verify coverage if you are uncertain of your benefits. It is the patient’s responsibility to ensure that providers are in-network prior to your visit. Well visits for annual health maintenance checks are preventative by design and typically include physical evaluation and laboratory work. Some insurance plans will not cover additional problem orientated services on the same day of service as a well visit. If you request the evaluation of a medical problem that requires evaluation and possibly treatment at a well visit, you will be responsible for the cost of the portion of the visit not covered by your insurance as it is up to the patient to know what their plan will allow.
We require proof of current insurance and photo ID at check-in for every visit. Please provide all necessary information about your insurance. CS, or Worker's Compensati
Below is a list of health insurance carriers we are currently contracted with. The list will be updated from time to time. Please call the office if you have questions regarding insurance coverage.
. Blue Cross Blue Shield
Insurance, Fees and Payments
Fees & Payments:
Payment is requested for all office services at the time they are rendered except prior arrangements were made. We accept cash, debit and credit cards for your convenience. We do not accept checks. Co-payments, current balances, deductibles and co-insurance are to be collected at the time of visit. Please note that co-payments are non-refundable and we are unable to refund any costs once services are rendered. Our billing department will bill you any additional amount not covered or will credit overpayment to your account after your insurance pays their portion.
- Patient Balance – After filing with your insurance company, we will send you a patient balance statement via mail or email. Payment in full is due upon receipt of this statement. If you have any questions or wish to dispute the balance, it is your responsibility to contact our billing office within 30 days of the date of the statement. Please contact our billing office to discuss a payment schedule if you are unable to pay the balance in full. Any late fees already incurred on past due balances will be included.
- Referrals – All referrals require an evaluation visit with the provider (or virtual visit if appropriate).
- New Orders – All new orders, new prescriptions, lab reviews require a face to face office visit (or virtual visit if appropriate).
- Medication Refill Policy – Medications will be prescribed with enough refills until you are due for a follow up visit to reassess the medication. It is your responsibility to make a follow up appointment for medication refills before you run out.
- Controlled Substance Policy – All controlled substances require an office visit. We participate in the Arizona Prescription Monitoring Program. Should opioids be deemed necessary following clinical review, they will be prescribed for no longer than FIVE (5) days for the management of acute pain. For chronic pain management, except in a few instances and at the discretion of the treating provider, a determination for ongoing care and need for opioid prescription is made on a case by case basis and according to clinical guidelines.
- Cash pay – We provide primary care services at affordable prices for cash pay and non insurance carrying patients. Payment is due at the time of service. Please contact GhentMD office for prices. Diagnostics and laboratory fees are not included with office visit fees.
Insurance does not generally provide coverage for many administrative services offered by medical practices. The services listed below may have an administrative service charge that will be directly billed to you. Payment is your responsibility.
- Late for appointments – We understand delays can happen however we must try to keep other patients and the providers on time. If a patient is 15 minutes past their scheduled time, we may have to reschedule the appointment. Please call the office at 480-935-8855 if you are running late.
- Missed appointments – We understand there are times when you might miss an appointment due to emergencies or obligations for work or family. However, when you do not call to cancel an appointment, you may be preventing another patient from getting needed treatment. We require 24 hours notice of cancellation to avoid a fifty-dollar ($50) “No Show” fee. This fee is not covered by insurance and must be paid prior to your next appointment. Multiple “No Shows” in any 12- month period may result in termination from the practice.
- Prescription authorization – We do honor prior authorization requests, however patients are required to contact their insurance company to have them forward the prior authorization form to our office, either by fax or secure email.
- Form Completion Policy – Forms requiring medical review and physician signature will be charged $35 for the first page and $20 each subsequent page. FMLA paperwork, disability, or other paperwork require an office visit. Forms when completed will be made available to you in 5 business days.
- Requests for Medical Records – Copies of medical records are charged according to Arizona state law. Please allow up to 10 days for these records. Expedited copies will be charged for an additional fee.
PATIENT FORMS: Please visit our patient portal to download new patient registration forms and other important forms.
At GhentMD, we work hard to ensure we provide high quality care to our patients. Our providers and staff make every effort to provide prompt and courteous service. If you have any suggestions or complaints about our office or our staff, please let us know immediately. Patient satisfaction is very important to us. However, angry or foul language directed at our staff, regardless of the issues involved will not be tolerated and may be grounds for immediate dismissal from our practice.